Bibles in South Sudan
SUMMER 2015 UPDATE ON THE BIBLES FOR YIDA
A total of 15,045 Bibles were delivered to the Yida refugee camp this spring.
- By the end of April, 1203 students were attending Biblical literacy classes.
- A total of 1148 Bibles were given to 41 surrounding churches in Yida.
- 82 Bibles were sent to Maban County, Yida, and will be used in coordination with the screenings of the Jesus Film and church leader trainings.
- At the Samaritan's Purse base in Akuem, 2240 Bibles will be distributed among local churches and ministry partners in the area.
- 168 Bibles were sent to a ministry organization that works in Sudan to train pastors.
Read the Samaritan's Purse complete report of the Bible distribution here.
February 2015 Update on the Bibles!
As many of you know, several months ago we purchased a load of Bibles to be sent to the Yida Refugee Camp for use in literacy programs and evangelization. We have great news! After some delays the Bibles are being loaded into their last leg of ground transportation and should arrive in the classrooms within the next two weeks! We will hopefully have pictures and a confirmation for you all very soon! We encourage you to continue in prayer that these Bibles arrive safely and timely and that those who read them will be transformed by their contents! Thank you for your faithful giving and prayer as these Bibles are building the kingdom in South Sudan!
Your generous donations for our Yida Refugee Camp Bible and Literacy campaign have already made a Holy shift in our World and the Kingdom.
15,000 Bibles arrived in Juba, South Sudan, in mid-August. They were then moved by truck to the Yida camp.
Please pray that each person who receives a Bible and attends one of the literacy courses in the camp encounters the living God in the pages of his living word!